Located in Mississauga, Caneta is a leader in the field of building energy efficiency and whole building energy modelling. We provide our energy efficiency expertise to developers and design teams for LEED, 3P energy guarantees, code compliance, incentive programs and minimizing the environmental impact of buildings. We also support governments and utilities investigating new technologies, developing incentive programs and developing codes or standards.
Caneta is currently seeking an Energy Efficiency Technologist to join our group of experienced building energy modellers. Reporting to senior staff, this person will be responsible for preparing energy models for new buildings and working on research projects for government and utility clients. Additional responsibilities may be possible depending on the applicant’s experience.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Under the direct supervision of Senior Engineers, the successful applicant will prepare building energy simulation files and undertake energy analysis for architectural and engineering clients using software such as eQuest and EnergyPlus.
- Under the direct supervision of Senior Engineers, the successful applicant will work on technology investigations and engineering studies of high performance HVAC systems.
- Experience with energy modelling software such as eQuest and EnergyPlus.
- Understanding of HVAC systems.
- Strong written communication skills and experience writing reports.
- Experience with Excel and Word.
- Experience conducting research studies, developing and implementing M&V plans, energy benchmarking, feasibility studies and experience with LEED will be considered assets.
Interested candidates should e-mail their resumes to Andrew Morrison at firstname.lastname@example.org